Saturday, December 18, 2010

Back to traveling!

Heidi and I just started our 21-hour bus-ride from Lima, Peru to Cuzco. We should arrive sometime tomorrow around noon. The picture shows that we're sitting on the second level (first class) directly above the driver; we basically have a front row seat - I'm hoping for a nice view but Heidi claims it's just going to be desert.

Heidi, my sister, and I will be traveling South America for Christmas and New Years. We're coming home to PDX on January 14th. Heidi is fluent in Spanish since she has lived in Chile since July; I consider her my guide :)

So far, just getting to South America has cost me roughly $2,415 US dollars. This includes my plane tickets to Chile and Peru, various vaccines and prescriptions I had to get, and the entrance fees into Chile and Bolivia. I'm hoping that the rest of the trip will cost less than the initial amount. And yes, I am employed (thanks for letting me have a month off, Joe!) but I'm too lazy to change the name of this blog.

I'll be sure to blog soon. We're going to Machu Picchu in a few days and it's supposed to rain the entire time; I'll let you know how it goes!

Xo, Meg
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment